Diwali, the festival of lights, brings with it an array of vibrant traditions and joyous celebrations. And what better way to add a contemporary twist to this age-old festival than by mixing genres? The fusion of styles opens up a world of possibilities, where traditional meets modern, East merges with West, and the past harmonizes with the present.
Be it your décor, fashion or even your culinary choices, fusion styling allows you to blend the best of both worlds, creating a unique and memorable Diwali experience. Here are some fashion tips that you can include in your Diwali wardrobe.
Raghav Mittal, Chief Creative Director and Managing Director, House of Surya, said, “As the upcoming festive season celebrations demand a blend of tradition and contemporary flair, here are some options that can make you stand out.”
1. Floor length, beautiful silhouette: Choose jewel-toned Anarkali suits or full-length maxi dresses with intricate embroidery or zari work. Dark maroon, royal blue and emerald green are great choices. The long, effortlessly flowing shapes of this type of dress will give you an elegant look for social occasions. Accessorize with statement earrings and a potli bag. To add a modern twist, choose a slit anarkali to add a touch of drama.
2. Gorgeous Lehenga Choli/Crop Top and Flowy Skirt or Palazzo: Lehenga choli is evergreen for Diwali. This year, experiment with unique color combinations like blush pink and gold, or teal and coral. Wear it with a contrasting dupatta and don’t forget to adorn your wrists with colorful bangles. Keep your makeup glowing with golden eyeshadow and bold lips. Additionally, crop tops can be paired with palazzos or flowy skirts during the day to enhance your charm!
3. Attractive Saree Styles: Sarees are always in trend. Choose a contemporary drape style like a pre-pleated saree or dhoti saree for a fusion look. Silk sarees in burgundy, mustard or deep purple are great choices. Accessorize with a statement belt and sleek bun hairstyle for a modern touch. Bengali sarees with red-white combination or even red-mustard combination can be chosen for visiting the Durga Puja pandal.
4. Fusion Kurti Set: For a more casual yet stylish look, choose a fusion kurti set with palazzos or culottes. Experiment with pastel shades and add a touch of metallic with statement earrings. Don’t forget to wear a jacket with embroidery or sequins for added glam. Such an outfit would be very suitable for occasions like Bhai-Dooj!
Additionally, designer Vershaa Gurnani of EVANI also shared some tips to nail your style with fusion outfits:
- Coordination set: The Indian version of coordinated outfits, last year’s trend, is still hot. Various new versions of traditional embroidery will be seen during the festive season. To make it more festive, mostly fabrics like soft linen, chanderi, organza to silk and brocade are used.
- Saree with a modern twist: The festive season will see many new incarnations of the traditional saree styled in the most modern ways. Modern saree will rock the Diwali party trend
- Pencil Pant with Embellished Kurta: This fusion outfit never goes wrong in keeping it easy and comfortable during the festive season. It looks classy and can be styled well with accessories to complete the look
Jewelery Tips To Pair Your Fusion Outfit:
Shyamala Ramanan, business head, Mia by Tanishq, suggests jewelery that will go well with fusion attire:
1. A pendant from a traditional nakshatra
Pendants are symbols of affection and care, serving as symbols of love for the special people in our lives. It conveys that their presence in your life is invaluable, enriching your journey together. Let her rock the parties with this unique, eye-catching pendant. This versatile pendant knows no limits and can be worn on multiple occasions, making it a multi-purpose jewellery.
2. Pendant capturing the harmony of the Sun-Moon duality
Symbolizing the duality of the Sun-Moon, this pendant beautifully reflects the unique and harmonious relationships of your close family. Just as the Sun and the Moon live together in perfect balance, similarly mothers and daughters, sisters and sisters-in-law complement each other and create a beautiful harmony in their relationships.
3. Star studded earrings that enhance your style
These dazzling earrings will remind you of your thoughtfulness and the sparkle they bring to your life, making every moment a celebration. These drop earrings inspired by the cosmic explosion of stars and light will light up every party you attend.
4. Divine-inspired bracelet
A bracelet that captures the night sky, complete with moon and stars, gracefully encircling your wrist, a good choice to wear on the new moon night of Diwali to bring the glimpse of moon in the fashion atmosphere will be.
5. Reimagine the classic chandbali with a modern take
This festive season, indulge yourself in a modern version of Chand Bali – a contemporary take on the classic Chand Balis adorned with precious stones and make a statement with this stellar piece, celebrate your own sparkle and unique style .